Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain ~ Psalm 127:1a
After retirement, we moved to a new community and built a new house. When the foundation and framework appeared, I saw a blessing from God that I wanted to acknowledge. Using a marker, I inscribed cement bases and wood studs with these Bible verses:
• Doorpost—As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. (Joshua 24:15c)
• Living Room—Show hospitality. (Romans 12:13)
• Kitchen—Give us this day our daily bread. (Matthew 6:11)
• Pantry—My food is to do the will of the one who sent me. (John 4:34)
• Dining Room—Taste and see that the LORD is good. (Psalm 34:8a)
• Laundry Room—If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9)
• Sunroom—The sun of righteousness will rise with healing in his wings. (Malachi 4:2)
• Bedrooms—Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)
• Baths—Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. (Psalm 51:7b)
• Stairway—Let us . . .keep in step with the Spirit. (Galatians 5:25)
• Study—Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding. (Proverbs 3:13)
After the house was finished, I kept a copy of the verses tucked in my Bible. When I re-read them, I am overcome with gratitude for the home God provided. More so, I am grateful for the house He is building in me through the construction by the Holy Spirit and I look forward to the room He has reserved for me in a heavenly mansion.
Can you think of verses that show God’s has built where you reside or in you?
Post a Comment